Saturday, January 25, 2014

Book Review: The Seaside Series (#1-#3.5 Seaside) by Rachel van Dyken

The Seaside Series: Boxed Set (Seaside, #1-3.5)The Seaside Series: Boxed Set by Rachel Van Dyken

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I bought this series as a box set so I'm just going to review it as one big book since I read straight through.

Rachel Van Dyken is one of my favorite authors. Not just for her writing but because she's such a kind lady in real life. I'm part of her fan group on Facebook and she's always on their asking how everyone is doing so I just praise her for being her.

The Seaside Series is one of a kind. It's just so presh and cute and the characters all ROCK.... literally. We start with Nat Murray a senior at Seaside High School and how she bumps into two guys who will forever change her world: Alec Daniels and Demetri Daniels otherwise known as the famous rock duo AD2. Everybody is going crazy for these two but it's the two of them who attract the most attention out of Nat... Can somebody say LOVE TRIANGLE? We all know I'm not a fan of love triangles but I really love RachVD so I went with it.. and she took me on a rollercoaster. They've all go their own set of issues and some incredibly dark pasts, but they all thrive on their own. We meet new characters along the way: Alyssa, Jaymeson, and Bob the Bodyguard.

The books go like this:
Tear: Alec and Nat's story
Pull: Demetri and Alyssa's story
Shatter: Alec's internal battles and his relationship with Nat (after events in Pull)
Forever: Alec and Nat's conclusion

Overall, I'm really happy with this Series. I cannot wait for Fall, Jaymeson's story!! And also Demetri and Alyssa's conclusion. The thing about Rachel is she writes very quick reads so I'm glad I waited for the box set or else I would have been dying waiting for the next books! I'm giving this series 4 STARS out of 5 STARS. Go read this book lovers!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read by Taryn Lee on January 9, 2013
Reviewed by Taryn Lee on January 24, 2013
http://facebook.com/tarynleesblog



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment