Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Book Review: Lick (#1 Stage Dive) by Kylie Scott

Lick (Stage Dive, #1)Lick by Kylie Scott

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Such a hot read! Number one, the title hooked me basically from the beginning. Lick like guitar but also super animalistic... creative!

Evelyn Thomas has the most planned out life plan. Get good grades. Graduate with an architecture degree. Work in an architecture firm with her dad... sounds boring? Well it's all Evelyn has ever known so for her 21st birthday she ventures to LAS VEGAS with her bestie in the hopes of having a night of fun and getting over her little s-e-x issue. she just wants to find a one night stand and be wham-bam-thank-you-ma'amed... But life is NEVER that easy. Not when Evelyn wakes up with a wicked hangover, a fuzzy memory, and a giant rock on her left finger. She's MARRIED! In Vegas?... When does that ever happen?... Exactly. It's Vegas. Ish happens.

But Ev isn't just married to some guy. Oh no she went out all big. She's hitched to Stage Dive's lead guitarist David Ferris. Yummy... But since Ev doesn't know who David is he's giving her a chance to remember and possibly rekindle what they had that one night in Vegas. But it's not going to be that easy on Evelyn when she's surrounded by drugs, a jealous ex, crazy friends, stuck up parents, and one hot alpha male wanting Ev and only Ev.

"Love isn’t always smooth or straightforward. It can be messy and painful … Doesn’t mean it isn’t still the most incredible thing that can ever happen to you." -David Ferris


I loved that it started off right when she's waking up the next day. With books like this, the blurb already tells the reader that the main character is married and I detest when authors give a chapter or two leading up to the morning after because then I end up skimming. *gasp* But Kylie Scott was rocking this thing and got my attention so quick!!

Overall, I think this was a hot read. The chemistry was so fired up that I had to take a step back from my iPad a few times to cool down. I'm definitely giving Kylie Scott's first book in the series 4 STARS out of 5 STARS. I think Ev and David are so cute! I wish the epilogue would have been a couple years in the future but it is a series so I'm expecting some Ev and David glimpses in the next books!

GO READ THIS!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read by Taryn Lee on January 21, 2013
Reviewed by Taryn Lee on January 29, 2013
http://facebook.com/tarynleesblog



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment