Sunday, January 5, 2014

Book Review: Fallen Crest Family (#2 Fallen Crest) by Tijan

Fallen Crest Family (Fallen Crest High, #2)Fallen Crest Family by Tijan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Okay so first off! This is book NUMBER 2 in the FCH series so this review shouldn't be read unless you've read Fallen Crest High.

So Tijan is the best! There was so much hype for this book and I know a lot of people who were a bit disappointed with Sam's character because she seemed a lot weaker and not the "strong heroine", but this book was about more than some teens in your class who have too much money and power to ruin your life. NOPE! This was the EMOTIONAL book. Because it dealt with a super crazy mother and her daughter's strive to survive her mother.

This book takes place during Winter Break, so they're isn't the Academy Elite on Sam's back the whole time. She's got to get through this constant struggle with her mother. I think people read the first book, then the second book and they're surprised Sam's mom is so f'n crazy, but I think that's the whole point. Her mother could win an Oscar because she could fool the pants off anyone... well except Mason and Logan. Which is what I love. They don't see the BS. They see exactly what Sam is trying so hard to ignore. We see Sam struggle with more than just her mother, but the mother is the main problem for her.

Overall, I think this was fantastic. I don't see Sam being weak here; what I see is Sam not being able to make it out in one piece due to the damage her mother has inflicted on her. Sam and Mason's relationship dynamic is really shown in a new light and gosh I love it. Mason is yum like always. I'm giving this book 5 STARS out of 5 STARS. Read this series. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read by Taryn Lee on June 23, 2013
Reviewed by Taryn Lee on January 5, 2014
http://facebook.com/tarynleesblog

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment