Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Book Review: Very Bad Things (#1 Briarcrest Academy) by Ilsa Madden-Mills

Very Bad Things (Briarcrest Academy, #1)Very Bad Things by Ilsa Madden-Mills
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Nora Blakely is the perfect girl. She's the perfect amount of beautiful. She has the perfect grades. Someday she'll be going to the perfect college. She's just so dang perfect... umm scratch that. This girl is far from perfect. She's got secrets. She's got things she would much rather keep buried. She's practiced the same smile over and over just so no one will see what's really happening inside. No one wants to know about the girl she really is. Except maybe Leo Tate. What a hot piece of meat. In the beginning Leo wants nothing to do with her, but Nora knows they're soulmates.

I like the way Ilsa Madden-Mills writes with the girls heart in mind. A lot of times we see girls playing games with guys. Always so hot and cold. But Ilsa brings to light how Leo goes back and fourth with Nora. She's messed up enough. She doesn't need someone coming in and hurting her more than she already is, but when girls fall in love, we tend to go with whatever the guy does because, just like Nora, we want his attention, his adoration, and his love.

I like the ending. I like the resolution. I liked the idea. And I really liked the characters. I can't wait to see what happens in the next books.

Overall, I think this is a good quick read when you're in the mood to go back to high school and see what the wealthy kids of Briarcrest Academy are up to. 4 stars out of 5 stars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read by Taryn Lee on September 9, 2013
Reviewed by Taryn Lee on November 12, 2013
http://tarynleesblog.blogspot.com

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment