Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Book Review: Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters

Tears of Tess (Monsters in the Dark, #1)Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Let's just take a deep breath real quick. I knew from reading reviews and the blurb that going into this book I was either going to love it or hate it. I was going to accept it or be disturbed by it. But I never thought I would be so intrigued by it.

First off, Pepper Winters let me get down on both knees and bow at your feet. YOU are a fabulous, gritty, deep, nothing-will-hold-me-back writer. With this type of subject matter I think you have to plunge straight in to get the message across. There are no baby steps. It's a giant cannon ball or it's nothing. Pepper jumped straight for the deep end. Second, she has created a story that had me thinking about it for days. I was so stuck on the idea of these two characters falling in love in such a dark context.

The story starts with Tess Snow on vacation with her loving boyfriend of two years, Brax. He decides to take them to Mexico. Already, we get the feeling that she loves Brax, but she needs more. In her life and in her sexual desires. Things take a turn for the worst when Tess is kidnapped and sold in Mexico. Most girls kidnapped in a foreign country would become cowardice and give up, but Tess fights. From the get go, she fights for her freedom. Whatever she can to keep the filthy leeches who took her from putting their hands on her. She swears she will make them all pay.

Then she is shipped to her new owner: Q. One letter yet there is so much more to the man. He is a very wealthy man living in the French countryside. At first, Tess despises him. He calls her esclave. He's known as Master. But throughout the story he is able to worm his way into her heart, and she does the same for him. Master Q has been misunderstood from the beginning but he allows Tess to tear down some of the walls he's hiding behind.

Overall, this book is a masterpiece. I had to give it 5 stars out of 5 stars. The next book is Quintessentially Q. I cannot wait to see what will happen next for Tess and Q.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read by Taryn Lee on September 14, 2013
Reviewed by Taryn Lee on November 12, 2013
tarynleesblog.blogspot.com

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment