Thursday, May 24, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches!


Dear Food Finders,

I found this delicious, healthy meal on Pinterest a few weeks ago, so I finally tried it out. And guess what? It's delicious! This recipe is not my own but here is where you can find it: http://www.chef-in-training.com/2012/03/slow-cooker-chicken-caesar-sandwiches/ . As many know, I am an avid caesar salad lover. It's my go-to meal when I can't think of anything else to eat. Well, I've never thought of using my slow cooker to make it, but it really works! Try it! It was really easy to make. The recipe is below:

SLOW COOKER CHICKEN CAESAR SANDWICHES

Ingredients:
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts (I used Chicken Breasts)
1/2 to 1 cup of your favorite Caesar dressing (I used Kraft Light Caesar)
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley or 2 teaspoons of dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
12 slider buns or 4-6 regular sized hamburger buns

Directions:
-Place chicken in a 3-4 quart slow cooker with 1-2 cups of water, cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.
-Remove chicken from cooker using a slotted spoon and drain the water from the slow cooker. Place chicken on a cutting board and pull chicken into shreds, discarding any fat.
-Place chicken back in the cooker and pour dressing, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and pepper over the top. Stir until mixed evenly.
-Cover and cook on high heat for 30 minutes or until mixture is hot.
-Spoon 1/4 cup mixture onto each slider bun if you are making sliders or more for regular sized buns. Top with extra shredded Parmesan cheese and lettuce to serve.

I completed this meal with a delicious salad composed of romaine lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, red/yellow/orange bell peppers, steamed broccoli and a yummy balsamic vinaigrette. I hope you will all try this delicious recipe!!


TTXO

No comments:

Post a Comment