Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Homemade Snack Pizzas!

Dear Food Finders,

The other day I was in the market about to buy some frozen personal pizzas to snack on during the day, but then something popped up into my head. Why am I buying frozen, artificial food when I can make fresh, natural, and delicious pizza with just a few ingredients? So that is how I created my version of the normal pizza. The recipe is below:

Homemade Mini Snack Pizzas:

Ingredients:
4 Whole Wheat (or White) Sandwich Thins
1 Cup of Store Brand Pizza Sauce (store brands taste exactly like the other brands but they cost less!)
2 Cups of your favorite Cheese: Cheddar, Mozzarella, etc.
4 Mini Red/Yellow/Orange Bell Peppers chopped into bite-sized pieces (you choose the colors! this is your pizza afterall!)
1 Cup of Mini Pepperoni (I used turkey pepperoni but regular is fine too)

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees*
-Pull sandwich thins apart and place on a foil lined baking sheet with insides facing upward.
-Place 1 spoonful of pizza sauce on each slice of sandwich thin.
-Sprinkle desired amount of cheese, peppers, and pepperoni on each mini pizza.
-Place in oven for 7-10 minutes or until cheese bubbles.

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes

Servings: 2

*don't have an oven because you're a college kid like me? NO PROBLEM! place pizzas on a microwave safe plate for 1 minute and 30 seconds or until cheese bubbles.

VOILA!!

Now you have a delicious, healthy snack that took no time at all to make!

TTXO


No comments:

Post a Comment